H1B RFE - Qualification

edisonboy

I'm currently on OPT and my employer received an RFE related to my qualifications for the H1B currently pending with USCIS.

I've Bachelors in Finance Management and Masters in Business Intelligence. My employer applied H1B with the job title "Software Developer" as stated in the LCA.

USCIS is not pursuaded with my qualifications and claims that my qualification is NOT suitable for the job offered by my employer. I'm currently working as a Programmer Analyst and I do not know how I can support that I'm capable of performing a Software Developer job.

Please advise what to do in this situation as I'm really worried about the H1B approval.

Thanks for your valuable advice.

USCIS is not pursuaded with my qualifications and claims that my qualification is NOT suitable for the job offered by my employer. I'm currently working as a Programmer Analyst and I do not know how I can support that I'm capable of performing a Software Developer job.

Please advise what to do in this situation as I'm really worried about the H1B approval.

To be frank, your attorney is the ONLY person who can help you out. Without knowing your BG and H1 job details its difficult to suggest.

Moreover that's your employer's job to do it, not yours.

If you are "capable" of performing a software developer job is irrelevant for an H1.

For an H1, your degree has to be in the field of work, i.e., you would need a degree in computer science or related to get an H1 for a software developer job.

This is all well-known. Your employer and his lawyer should know about this.

I'm currently on OPT and my employer received an RFE related to my qualifications for the H1B currently pending with USCIS.

I've Bachelors in Finance Management and Masters in Business Intelligence. My employer applied H1B with the job title "Software Developer" as stated in the LCA.

Thanks for your valuable advice.

Your educational qualification is not related to H1B profession for which petition was filed. Mostly it will be denied. Your employer's attorney will handle this.

Archived