How Long H1B can be active even after transfer

Hi All,

I am in dilemma, I am working with Company A, which is consulting firm , i have my H1B approved and I140 approved. Now i have full time offer with another company B , i would like to transfer my H1B and Start new GC application with Company B, since this new company and new environment , i am not sure what this shop holds for me, After 6 months , if something happend to my new Job with Company B, is there any chance for me to Come back to Comany A and also pick up my I140 application where i left, how many H1B can i hold , how long can i stay on H1B with out working in united states, please let me know

Thanks, BB 

Hi All,

I am in dilemma, I am working with Company A, which is consulting firm , i have my H1B approved and I140 approved. Now i have full time offer with another company B , i would like to transfer my H1B and Start new GC application with Company B, since this new company and new environment , i am not sure what this shop holds for me, After 6 months , if something happend to my new Job with Company B, is there any chance for me to Come back to Comany A and also pick up my I140 application where i left, how many H1B can i hold , how long can i stay on H1B with out working in united states, please let me know

Thanks, BB 

As long as current employer does not revoke your H1B petition and I-140 you can come back. You can stay in US on H1B status without working for zero days.

Archived