H1B visa stamping with new employer while current is valid

rohit666

Hi Senior Members,
I have my current H1B Visa valid untill FEB 2015 but i have changed my employer recently( I'm working FULL TIME) and planning to visit India in the month of December 2014. 
I have two questions here

1. Am i eligible to go for a visa when i visit India claiming that i changed my employer and want to get my visa stamped even though i have valid visa with previous employer?
2. Will i be able to return back with my existing visa if not given visa during my visit ( I never hope it is the case but just wanted to check as my visa is not expired and is valid until FEB 2015) ?

I would like to know the answer so i can plan my visit and visa stamping according to that.

Thanks

Hi Senior Members,

I have my current H1B Visa valid untill FEB 2015 but i have changed my employer recently( I'm working FULL TIME) and planning to visit India in the month of December 2014. 

I have two questions here

1. Am i eligible to go for a visa when i visit India claiming that i changed my employer and want to get my visa stamped even though i have valid visa with previous employer?

2. Will i be able to return back with my existing visa if not given visa during my visit ( I never hope it is the case but just wanted to check as my visa is not expired and is valid until FEB 2015) ?

I would like to know the answer so i can plan my visit and visa stamping according to that.

Thanks

1. Although it is not required you can certainly approach an US consulate.

2. Should be the case if your current H1B visa is not canceled.

Archived