H1B transfer

lupe14

Hi I've received the h1b approval in the 2015 lottery for a new job, but employer A wants to start job mid-October. Since they have applied for premium processing and it says 2 months time, will I able to start to working earlier?

Second, another employer B is about to make an offer - can I transfer this H1b to new employer ( will refund employer A for expenses in filing if so) without the h1b even being stamped or starting new job?

Thank you

Hi I've received the h1b approval in the 2015 lottery for a new job, but employer A wants to start job mid-October. Since they have applied for premium processing and it says 2 months time, will I able to start to working earlier?

Second, another employer B is about to make an offer - can I transfer this H1b to new employer ( will refund employer A for expenses in filing if so) without the h1b even being stamped or starting new job?

Thank you

You can start working only from 1st Oct at the earliest or later start date as mentioned in your I797.

Legally you cannot pay H1B fee to employer A. Only when your current H1B petition is approved it can be transferred to employer B.

Thank you. Got to know that current H1B petition is approved - can I now transfer to employer B without even joining employer A? Do I have to wait till October to join employer B since that was the start date? 

Since your H1B petition is approved employer B can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime. On approval your earliest start date is still 1st Oct.

Archived