H1- RFE - Educational Related. Degee mismatch

Robcheek

Hello,
I have got an RFE.
I falls under Advance Degree Premium Processing Vermont center.

I did my B.E (Civil) India, and Master (Civil) USA.
Currently working as "software quality assurance analyst". I got an RFE stating, My education is not matching towards my work.
---
RFE DETAIL
-----------
USCIS interprets the term "degree" to mean not just any baccalaureate or higher degree. but. one in a specific specialty
that is directly related to the proffered position.
The record is not sufficient to establish that the evaluating official has the authority to grant college-level credit for
training lind/or work experience. It is also noted that the transcripts for the beneficiary's civil engineering degrees do
not appear courses closely related to the proffered position of a software quality assurance analyst. Therefore.
further eviderce is needed.

It appears that the beneficiary may be qualified to perform services in a specialty occupation through a combination of
education. specialized training and/or work experience in areas related to the specialty. Please submit. a letter from the
dean or provost of the evaluating official's affiliated educational institution. stating that the evaluating ofi1dal has the
authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience. The dean or provost must also state in the letter
whether the affiliated ed ucational institution has a program for granting credit based on an individual's training and/or
work experience.
If you wish USCIS to make a determination on the equivalence of the beneficiary's work experience. provide
documentation to demonstrate that:
1. The beneflciary's work experience included the theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge
required by the specialty;
2. The claimed experience was gained while working with peers. supervisors. and/or subordinates who have a
degree in specialty; and
3. The beneflctary has recognition of expertise in the specialty evidenced by at least one type of documentation
such as:
(A) Recognition of expertise in the specialty occupation by at least two recognized authorities in the
same specialty occupation;

------------------------------------
I have done Diploma in computer Application --- (DCA -12 months course - from remotely when I was in India during my B.E) --- During H1B filed i had not submit this ( My Bad)
I have done some trainings/some work exp. of testing ---- I had also not submit this also. ( It was my mistake )

-----------------------------------
Please advice guys. How can I reply to this RFE.

------------------------------------

I have done Diploma in computer Application --- (DCA -12 months course - from remotely when I was in India during my B.E) --- During H1B filed i had not submit this ( My Bad)

I have done some trainings/some work exp. of testing ---- I had also not submit this also. ( It was my mistake )

-----------------------------------

Please advice guys. How can I reply to this RFE.

Even if you submit your DCA certificate your H1B would be denied as you need to have a minimum of 4 years bachelor's degree related to your H1B profession. You attorney who filed your H1B application should be aware of this.

YOU do not reply; your employer and his attorney will do so.

Since you think you need to be taking care of this, we have a good idea of the reasons for your propblems (besides not being qualified for your job filed as an ADVANCED degree).

• 3 weeks later...

@ rv04071

I got exactly same RFE. I have  BS and MS degree in Aerospace and Filled H1B as a Business System Analyst. But I have a 12 Month Diploma in Computer Application along with 3 and half years of IT Experience as a Business Analyst. They asking how My MS Aerospace US Based degree relates to Business Analyst Work. I have filled under AD/Vermont. 

Did you get any feedback from anyone or from lawyer what you have decided to do...reply here or Email me at Falljob@gmail.com Thanks

@ rv04071

I got exactly same RFE. I have  BS and MS degree in Aerospace and Filled H1B as a Business System Analyst. But I have a 12 Month Diploma in Computer Application along with 3 and half years of IT Experience as a Business Analyst. They asking how My MS Aerospace US Based degree relates to Business Analyst Work. I have filled under AD/Vermont. 

Did you get any feedback from anyone or from lawyer what you have decided to do...reply here or Email me at Falljob@gmail.com Thanks

Unfortunately your H1B would be denied.

• 1 year later...

@All - My RFE was responded and It my H1B got approved also.

Here what my Employer/Attorney did

---------------------------------------------------

1. Go for credential evaluation for your Bacheolor and Master degree

2. Expert Opinion letter

3. If you have certifications/courses related to IT please let your attorney know.

All best and let me know if someone need more help.

Good luck to all !!

@All - My RFE was responded and It my H1B got approved also.

Here what my Employer/Attorney did

---------------------------------------------------

1. Go for credential evaluation for your Bacheolor and Master degree

2. Expert Opinion letter

3. If you have certifications/courses related to IT please let your attorney know.

All best and let me know if someone need more help.

Good luck to all !!

Congrats. Thanks for your update.

Archived