How many months prior to I-797 start date I can visit the US consulate for stamping

sree7

Hi,

My I-797 extension validity date is from Oct 1st 2014, I am planning to visit the US consulate in Mexico to renew my H-1B visa , hence I would like to know how many days prior to my I-797 start date I can visit US consulate for visa stamping?

I appreciate your help in clarifying the above and also would like to know when the consulate issues the new visa does they cancel the existing one which I have now valid until end Sept- 2014?

Regards!

Hi,

My I-797 extension validity date is from Oct 1st 2014, I am planning to visit the US consulate in Mexico to renew my H-1B visa , hence I would like to know how many days prior to my I-797 start date I can visit US consulate for visa stamping?

I appreciate your help in clarifying the above and also would like to know when the consulate issues the new visa does they cancel the existing one which I have now valid until end Sept- 2014?

Regards!

yes you can go with current h1B Stamping for the future start date as well.

Your Existing Visa would be cancelled without Prejudice, but new stamp would be from Interview date till end of New I-797

Archived