New Visa stamp with current stamp expiring soon

guts_19202002

Hi,

I am on H1 visa and my stamped visa on passport (from my previous employer) is until Jan 2015. I have a new I-797 with my current employer valid until Dec 2015. I am going to get married this November and will be returning back to US in December 2014 itself along with my fiance. I had these following questions:

1. I understand my fiance will have to go for H4 stamping, but based on the above info what will be her expiry date on the stamped visa? Is it going to be based on my current stamped visa (Jan 2015) or my new I-797 (Dec 2015)?

2. Since I am going to India in Nov-Dec 2014 and my stamped visa would be expiring soon(stamped visa expires in Jan 2015), is it fine if I attend the visa interview along with my fiance so that we both get our passport stamped with the new visa? Is that possible to have a new visa stamped when you current stamped visa is NOT expired and/or expiring soon?

Hi,

I am on H1 visa and my stamped visa on passport (from my previous employer) is until Jan 2015. I have a new I-797 with my current employer valid until Dec 2015. I am going to get married this November and will be returning back to US in December 2014 itself along with my fiance. I had these following questions:

1. I understand my fiance will have to go for H4 stamping, but based on the above info what will be her expiry date on the stamped visa? Is it going to be based on my current stamped visa (Jan 2015) or my new I-797 (Dec 2015)?

2. Since I am going to India in Nov-Dec 2014 and my stamped visa would be expiring soon(stamped visa expires in Jan 2015), is it fine if I attend the visa interview along with my fiance so that we both get our passport stamped with the new visa? Is that possible to have a new visa stamped when you current stamped visa is NOT expired and/or expiring soon?

1. She needs to show to VO both copies of your I797.

2. Yes, absolutely. You guys can go together after marriage.

Archived