Given Name Correction in H1B Visa Stamped at Vancouver Consulate

akandhari

Hi,

I went to Vancouver BC for my H1B 2nd stamping on 25th April, After I came back to US I saw that the Given Name is printed incorrectly, below is the detailed explanation of the case.

Front page of my passport has Given name as "Akash" which i got corrected to "Aakash", Correction is made on page 3 of passport (Next to ECNR page).

Previous stamping for US visa on my passport has Given name as per the observation "Aakash" but the current visa stamped with given name as "Akash" instead of "Aakash".

I tried to call the Vancouver consulate to find the resolution for this case but didn't find any option to speak with representative for my case.

Can some one please let me what should i do to get this correction done on my Visa (In USA) or if there are any other workarounds (any affidavit or other attested document) with which i can travel.

Thanks

Aakash 

Hi,

I went to Vancouver BC for my H1B 2nd stamping on 25th April, After I came back to US I saw that the Given Name is printed incorrectly, below is the detailed explanation of the case.

Front page of my passport has Given name as "Akash" which i got corrected to "Aakash", Correction is made on page 3 of passport (Next to ECNR page).

Previous stamping for US visa on my passport has Given name as per the observation "Aakash" but the current visa stamped with given name as "Akash" instead of "Aakash".

I tried to call the Vancouver consulate to find the resolution for this case but didn't find any option to speak with representative for my case.

Can some one please let me what should i do to get this correction done on my Visa (In USA) or if there are any other workarounds (any affidavit or other attested document) with which i can travel.

Thanks

Aakash 

Yes, you need to visit the consulate at Vancouver and get it corrected.

Aakash,

In Sep 2012, I too had similar issue with DOB on my VISA Stamp in Vancouver, BC. When i emailed the consulate to vancouverNIV@state.gov, they told me to submit my passport in-person. I went again and got it corected.  Try your luck by emailing them.

--Praveen

Aakash,

In Sep 2012, I too had similar issue with DOB on my VISA Stamp in Vancouver, BC. When i emailed the consulate to vancouverNIV@state.gov, they told me to submit my passport in-person. I went again and got it corected.  Try your luck by emailing them.

--Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your time for looking into my question and replying.

Can you please let me know how long it took for you to get the correction done, I mean is it a same day task or required couple of days to get things done.

Thanks

Aakash

Archived