I-485 filing questions for alien number and CPT

orgchem

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding my questions. I have done some research but could not find any solid answer.

1) i-485 forum and also i-765 is asking for the Alien number, just wondering which one to enter.

I have different A number in my OPT EAD card than on my I-140, Should I enter any one of them?

Is the Alien number that i-485 forum is asking is about the alien number that you get from the receipt of i-485 (i-797c)?

2) Another question, I worked in CPT when I was doing college, Just wondering if I need to submit any documents regarding that (Like my I-20's?)
when working in CPT do you get any similar documents like EAD card? because all my college gave me was I-20'document which mention that I have a valid CPT.

3) Should I just avoid sending the i-20's because it may exacerbate more questions?

Reason for asking the question about the i-20 is because I read a post that someone sent i-20 and he got an rfe to send the OPT EAD card.

4) based on that my question is, is it really necessary to send all your previous employment information when filing the i-485?

Thanks much for any help.

Thanks much for the reply.

CPT was from a real university. Its still exist and it looks like it's doing good. 

But I was wondering should I submit the I-20's or not because in the i-485 instructions it did not mention anything of that sort.

Can anyone please reply if you get rfe to submit i-20's and the employment information in OPT?

• 2 weeks later...

You should submit I-20 or a copy of your old I-94 if you have it because it will show that you were in the country legally during that period of time. Tha covers all periods of time, but you don't need a lot of detailed information - just having copies of I-94 would be more than enough. What the USCIS is looking for is whether you were in the country illegally for over 180 days in one stretch. Then, you are inadmissible and can't get a green card.

Thanks a lot.

After reading through the I-765 instructions it was mentioned to submit the i-94 copy.

I will submit the following

I-20's

EAD  (that I got from OPT)

I-94

All H1-B copies

my old I-94 is not showing any dates so I am submitting all. 

Thanks a lot.

After reading through the I-765 instructions it was mentioned to submit the i-94 copy.

I will submit the following

I-20's

EAD  (that I got from OPT)

I-94

All H1-B copies

my old I-94 is not showing any dates so I am submitting all. 

It's kind of funny, how their own government (uscis) issues you all these and now DOL wants you to take the pain of re-sending all this **** over again...!

It's kind of funny, how their own government (uscis) issues you all these and now DOL wants you to take the pain of re-sending all this **** over again...!

Different parts of the government.

They don't share or cross-reference things (yet), otherwise, we would have Big Brother (of course, some in the government, e.g., the NSA, would like that...)

Archived