POE Question During Early H1 Expiry

kaalabhairavaa

Hello Everyone,

My Current H1B is expiring on Sept 30 2014 but my project is still going on, I want to travel India during Mid June and return by 10th July. Will there be any issue during POE? as its expiring within 3 months, we are planning for Extension after returning, as its not recommended during travel period.

Please help.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

My Current H1B is expiring on Sept 30 2014 but my project is still going on, I want to travel India during Mid June and return by 10th July. Will there be any issue during POE? as its expiring within 3 months, we are planning for Extension after returning, as its not recommended during travel period.

Please help.

Thanks

No issues.

Hello Everyone,

Please help.

Thanks

My H1B Visa expires in July. Recently, I had travelled to India for four weeks and came back in March and was taken into the additional verification at the POE . There I was asked what will I do after my Visa expires and why did I go, where do I work,etc ? With my experience, I would say better not travel with such a short period or travel afer a new H1 Visa approval is received.

My H1B Visa expires in July. Recently, I had travelled to India for four weeks and came back in March and was taken into the additional verification at the POE . There I was asked what will I do after my Visa expires and why did I go, where do I work,etc ? With my experience, I would say better not travel with such a short period or travel afer a new H1 Visa approval is received.

I agree this happened to me too. But, they do not deny entry. As Girish123 pointed out they will be curious to know your plans after visa expiry.

yeah I heard of this issues, no idea when we have valid visa of 2-3 months why they create an issue at POE. SO yeah I would extend the Visa and then make a move.

Thanks for the help.

if I have an Extension I mean New I-797 approval from October with valid stamping till Sept 2014. Would that be ok during POE in July?

Archived