RFE status not updated to RFE response review

Leader71

I want to share experience

Situation: Attorney submitted RFE response on May 8th and the Fedex delivery tracker says it has

Been delivered and signed by A Scoss at shipping and receiving dept of USCIS, though online tool still says that RFE issued on Feb 24th, I am getting worried if USCIS has received the RFE packet and my deadline to submit RFE is 22nd May which is fast approaching if a USCIS lost my RFE by chance

I even called USCIS they told if it is delivered nothing to worry wait for 60 days

On May 14th at 10 am the status changed to initial review and at 12 pm may 14th the status changed to approved

So nothing to worry the tool takes some time to update sometimes but not always , my previous experience is that tool is getting updated instantaneously hence my worry but finally it is a good news after a loooooooong wait

• 2 weeks later...

I want to share my experience. I got H1b in 2008 and could not travel so my employer filled it in 2014 under cap exempt. EAC141285****

6 March, 2014 -Document including LCA was read

7 March, 2014 - attorney ( ******** law ) confirmed petition is filed under premium processing

7 April, 2014 -after several follow up, Got EAC, USCIS site showing received on 7th April. I raised concerned but attorney kept saying PP 15 days start when they accept entry in their system and asked me to wait for 15 days you will receive approval. I was getting and impatient because I was not able to check status on PP help line number.

17-April,2014 - Finally ******* Law agreed that some mistake happened and my petition was not filled under PP and they converted it to PP on same day.

21 April, 2014 - I got RFE and one project roles and responsibility. They stopped responding my call email and after escalating by my HR  they said the will complete filing by 1st week of May

14 May, 2014 - Finally they confirmed that RFE response is filled and received by USCIS by email. I kept asking for FedEx number but they do not share. I have doubt because I have been mislead by them once.

There is no change in status since its still in RFE. Not sue they have filled or not.. Is there any way to find out that your RFE response was sent ? My company is small in Bangalore and do not file visa frequently. They are also fed up with Challa and decided that from next year they will change attorney. Keeping my finger crossed to see if I get approval by end of May.

Please care full with dealing ********** Law.

• 2 weeks later...

finally my status is updated to initial review on USCIS.

Initial Review

Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on June 2, 2014. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Mine is approved. thanks all for help...

Decision

On June 6, 2014, this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

Archived