H1B extension and new employer

deepinus

Hi friends,

I am on H1B in 6th year. My current employer filed my labor in 2012 and my I140 was approved in Feb 2013. I got H1 extension in sep 2013 but they gave me only one year. So, I will have to again apply for extension this year in sep.

My question is another employer is offering me a full time position. But he is not ready to do GC for now.

Can I continue to get extension on my H1 on the basis of my previously approved I 140? considering that my previous employer does not withdraw my approved I 140.

How soon my employer needs to start GC process to continue to get H1 extensions?

Hi friends,

I am on H1B in 6th year. My current employer filed my labor in 2012 and my I140 was approved in Feb 2013. I got H1 extension in sep 2013 but they gave me only one year. So, I will have to again apply for extension this year in sep.

My question is another employer is offering me a full time position. But he is not ready to do GC for now.

Can I continue to get extension on my H1 on the basis of my previously approved I 140? considering that my previous employer does not withdraw my approved I 140.

How soon my employer needs to start GC process to continue to get H1 extensions?

Yes, you can get 3 years extensions with approved I-140 from old employer. Better for new employer to start GC asap. 

Archived