H4 - EAD question..

chinna444

My wife is on h4 visa and H1b is not seleted in lottery this year till now.

I am on my 5th year of h1b and my i140 approved. 

First i got 3 years of h1b then one more year and later i got 3 more years of h1b visa as my i140 is approved. 

Will my wife be eligible for EAD if new law is implemented? please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Chinna444. If this rule is passed, your wile will get an EAD. The following people will receive EADs under this rule: 1. H4 whose H1 spouse has an approved I-140 2. H4 whose H1 spouse has received an extension beyond 6 years based on their

Please refer to the published rule for more details: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2010-0017-0001

This rule has been published by the USCIS for public comments. Please submit your comments ASAP. Mention all the reasons why you want this rule to be passed. And finally, spread the word. We need thousands of positive comments.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Chinna444. If this rule is passed, your wile will get an EAD. The following people will receive EADs under this rule: 1. H4 whose H1 spouse has an approved I-140 2. H4 whose H1 spouse has received an extension beyond 6 years based on their

Please refer to the published rule for more details: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2010-0017-0001

This rule has been published by the USCIS for public comments. Please submit your comments ASAP. Mention all the reasons why you want this rule to be passed. And finally, spread the word. We need thousands of positive comments.

Could you estimate how much time it will tk for this to come into effect?! I am asking because im planning to take up master's course from fall 2014. I already hv an mba from india. Goin for masters so that i can work here after 2 years! Now in dilemma if i shud wait for this to get implemented or spend money on education?! Plz advice!

Could you estimate how much time it will tk for this to come into effect?! I am asking because im planning to take up master's course from fall 2014. I already hv an mba from india. Goin for masters so that i can work here after 2 years! Now in dilemma if i shud wait for this to get implemented or spend money on education?! Plz advice!

Forget about this and concentrate on your studies.

Another question on H4 EAD eligibility......

I have I-140 approved and in 7th year on H1B.
Planning to change job which means new PERM and new 140 process.

Wanted to understand possible impact on my spouse's eligibility of getting H4 EAD.
Thanks for reading and responding.

Archived