Earliest date for H1B stamping

pretty51

Hi there,

I have applied for my H1-B visa and just got it approved. Right now I am on my 2nd OPT.  When is the earliest date that I can go for H1-B stamping ?.  I need to goto India from August 1st to 30th. I am planning to go and come back using my OPT (OPT is valid until May 21st 2015, F1 Visa is valid until June 2015).  

The questions I have 

1) Can I goto India and come back using my OPT,(My H1-b is already approved and starts on 1st october) ? 

2) Can I attend for my H1-b visa interview, during my visit to india ?  And still come back on Aug 30th ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

I have applied for my H1-B visa and just got it approved. Right now I am on my 2nd OPT.  When is the earliest date that I can go for H1-B stamping ?.  I need to goto India from August 1st to 30th. I am planning to go and come back using my OPT (OPT is valid until May 21st 2015, F1 Visa is valid until June 2015).  

The questions I have 

1) Can I goto India and come back using my OPT,(My H1-b is already approved and starts on 1st october) ? 

2) Can I attend for my H1-b visa interview, during my visit to india ?  And still come back on Aug 30th ?

Thank you in advance.

1. Yes. Better to avoid travel.

2. Yes, you can attend interview. But, you can enter with a H1B visa not more than 10 days before H1B start date.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Yes. Better to avoid travel.

2. Yes, you can attend interview. But, you can enter with a H1B visa not more than 10 days before H1B start date.

1. I cannot avoid travel. :( 

2. Can I still come back with my F1-Visa and OPT document , during Immigration.??

Yes, you can. It is a risk you take. But, to move to H1B either you exit and enter US by Oct 1st or employer files for COS and pay H1B fee again.

So I can do this. 

• Goto for H1-B stamping in August. 
  • Come back to US using my OPT ( I am coming back on August 30th)
  • Exit US sometime in the last week of September(Around Sept 25th) and reenter US using H1-B visa. 

Did I interpret your reply correctly ??

So I can do this. 

• Goto for H1-B stamping in August. 
  • Come back to US using my OPT ( I am coming back on August 30th)
  • Exit US sometime in the last week of September(Around Sept 25th) and reenter US using H1-B visa. 

Did I interpret your reply correctly ??

When you go for H1B stamping in August you risk the possibility of F1 visa being canceled by VO (though it is not always the case).

• 1 month later...

When you go for H1B stamping in August you risk the possibility of F1 visa being canceled by VO (though it is not always the case).

Hi jairichi, 

I requested my employer if I can work from India until Sept 21st and get my H1-B stamping done. And enter USA with H1-B stamping.  I am planning to return back on Sept 21st thinking it will is allowed to come 10 days before my H1-B start date OCT 1st. 

I am planning to do this.

• Goto India in Aug 1st week.
  • Attend Visa interview sometime in August or Sept first week. ( I will be working remotely during my stay in India).
  • Return back on Sept 21st. 

Is there anything that I need to take care of. My company attorney said there will be no issue if I do this. 

Thanks,

Hi jairichi, 

I requested my employer if I can work from India until Sept 21st and get my H1-B stamping done. And enter USA with H1-B stamping.  I am planning to return back on Sept 21st thinking it will is allowed to come 10 days before my H1-B start date OCT 1st. 

I am planning to do this.

• Goto India in Aug 1st week.
  • Attend Visa interview sometime in August or Sept first week. ( I will be working remotely during my stay in India).
  • Return back on Sept 21st. 

Is there anything that I need to take care of. My company attorney said there will be no issue if I do this. 

Thanks,

You are fine. It is a good plan.

Archived