H1B RFE Due to For Profit University Masters

spthamizh

Hi All, 

I have received a RFE with NOID for my H1 PP that I don't qualify to be applied under master's cap as my university is for-profit university. My university is an accredited one.

The submitted photocopy of the degree issued is a private, for-profit institution. The school does not meet all the criteria for a US institution of higher education. Please provide evidence that the school has nonprofit status. 

Do you have any suggestions that what can we reply for this? Are there any chances that the USCIS considers to approve it after responding? 

Thanks,

Thamil

Hi All, 

I have received a RFE with NOID for my H1 PP that I don't qualify to be applied under master's cap as my university is for-profit university. My university is an accredited one.

The submitted photocopy of the degree issued is a private, for-profit institution. The school does not meet all the criteria for a US institution of higher education. Please provide evidence that the school has nonprofit status. 

Do you have any suggestions that what can we reply for this? Are there any chances that the USCIS considers to approve it after responding? 

Thanks,
Thamil

If it is a for profit university and H1B petition was filed under master's quota then the chances are ZERO.

There are chances they can approve. You will need to reach out to recognized evaluation institutions and get your experience (if any) and foreign education evaluated. They will need to provide you a letter from a professor from an accreditated university stating your qualification is equivalent to bachelor's or masters. If you dont meet masters equivalence, then ask your client to porvide you a letter stating the minimum job qualification required for your position is of bachelors degree and you need to mention the same when you respond to RFE. Make sure you provide them all the letters (client, co-worker, vendor (if any), evaluation, letter from professor from accreditated university etc.).

Hopefully this might help you! One more thing, if by any chance they approve, make sure you file the ammendment for your H1b and change it to bachelors or general. Or get enrollled in non-profit university. Otherwise this will haunt you forever.

Good luck!

There are chances they can approve. You will need to reach out to recognized evaluation institutions and get your experience (if any) and foreign education evaluated. They will need to provide you a letter from a professor from an accreditated university stating your qualification is equivalent to bachelor's or masters. If you dont meet masters equivalence, then ask your client to porvide you a letter stating the minimum job qualification required for your position is of bachelors degree and you need to mention the same when you respond to RFE. Make sure you provide them all the letters (client, co-worker, vendor (if any), evaluation, letter from professor from accreditated university etc.).

Hopefully this might help you! One more thing, if by any chance they approve, make sure you file the ammendment for your H1b and change it to bachelors or general. Or get enrollled in non-profit university. Otherwise this will haunt you forever.

Good luck!

That doesn't work here. RFE is about the university not about the educational evaluation.

For H1 approval that degree has to be from public university, but in this case OP doesn't have one. And amendment also doesn't work here.

Good luck!

It won't hep, because this is not about evaluation.

For the H1 Masters quota, the degree has to be from an accredited, public or non-profit private university.

The OP's H1 will get denied if his degree is from a for-profit institution.

People need to stay away from for-profit institutions.

Archived