L1 eligibility with previous employer after leaving the employer

vaidh

Hello,

I have a key question on L1 visa stamping.

By 30, June, It will be 2 years since I left my previous employer in India (a large MNC). As per the L1 eligibility, I would still be eligible to file for a L1 with my previous employer (if they want to hire me in the US) as long as at the time of filing I would have been employed for at least 1 continuous year in the past 3 years by that employer.

But my question is whether this rule applies at the time of actual visa stamping at the consulate (whether they will look for continuous 1 year of employment prior to the actual stamping date) and also if it would matter at the time I enter the US physically and go to the immigration counters there.

Response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Hello,

I have a key question on L1 visa stamping.

By 30, June, It will be 2 years since I left my previous employer in India (a large MNC). As per the L1 eligibility, I would still be eligible to file for a L1 with my previous employer (if they want to hire me in the US) as long as at the time of filing I would have been employed for at least 1 continuous year in the past 3 years by that employer.

But my question is whether this rule applies at the time of actual visa stamping at the consulate (whether they will look for continuous 1 year of employment prior to the actual stamping date) and also if it would matter at the time I enter the US physically and go to the immigration counters there.

Response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!!

It is based on the petition filing date by your L1 employer

Archived