H1B Extension from company A and Job change to Company B

krs_ravis

Hello,

My first three year H1B visa is valid till Nov 2014. My company A will start the H1B extension process in June/July and i expect it will be approved before November if there is no RFE.

1. Before i get the H1B extension from company A, can i change to company B?

2. After i change to company B, assume that my H1B transfer is pending and if i go to India, is there any risk for approving the H1B visa at visa consulate office? because neither i have H1B extension copy from company A nor H1B transfer approval copy?

Thanks in advance. please reply.

Hello,

My first three year H1B visa is valid till Nov 2014. My company A will start the H1B extension process in June/July and i expect it will be approved before November if there is no RFE.

1. Before i get the H1B extension from company A, can i change to company B?

2. After i change to company B, assume that my H1B transfer is pending and if i go to India, is there any risk for approving the H1B visa at visa consulate office? because neither i have H1B extension copy from company A nor H1B transfer approval copy?

Thanks in advance. please reply.

1. Company B has to file a cap exempt H1B petition. Though you are allowed to join company B with H1B receipt notice it is wise to wait for approval of H1B petition.

2. If you have moved to company B then you cannot even apply for US visa interview without I797 from company B.

Archived