Travelling during h1 processing must.

Hi , I am currently on my f1. I just got my opt extension. I need to travel in June for my wedding. I applied for premium and expected that things would be fast. But no luck. I got rfe for my h1. Can anybody please let me know what my options are 1) can I travel my h1 is under processing? 2) what if my h1 is approved before my travel? 2) what if my h1 gets approved when in India 3) what if it gets approved after coming back from India? Thanks in advance.

Hi , I am currently on my f1. I just got my opt extension. I need to travel in June for my wedding. I applied for premium and expected that things would be fast. But no luck. I got rfe for my h1. Can anybody please let me know what my options are 1) can I travel my h1 is under processing? 2) what if my h1 is approved before my travel? 2) what if my h1 gets approved when in India 3) what if it gets approved after coming back from India? Thanks in advance.

1. Avoid.

2. You are fine as you automatically move to H1B status from 1st Oct.

3. Need to get H1B visa to move to H1B status.

4. Refer 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a similar situation any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in OPT extension which started in Febraury, 2014 and valid till July 2015.My F1 Visa expires in the last week of July 2014. I would like to travel India for two weeks during the first two weeks of June, 2014. My employer has applied for my H1 and it is still in "initial review". Please advice me if I can travel during the h1 is still in processing. 

I am in a similar situation any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in OPT extension which started in Febraury, 2014 and valid till July 2015.My F1 Visa expires in the last week of July 2014. I would like to travel India for two weeks during the first two weeks of June, 2014. My employer has applied for my H1 and it is still in "initial review". Please advice me if I can travel during the h1 is still in processing. 

Avoid travel. If you travel your COS from F1 to H1B part of your H1B petition is considered abandoned.

• 2 weeks later...

In similar situation. Need advise. Help appreciated.

My Case:

-F1- valid till 2017

-Currently working on F1-OPT (Valid till Mar 2015)

-Sent H1 application on April 1st. But no updates yet. No updates (not even RFE)

My Question to you:

- Have to travel to India for a few weeks for work.

- Will I face any problems?

- If yes, then what and where? - problem at re-entry to US or problem of H1 not getting filed this year.

In similar situation. Need advise. Help appreciated.

My Case:

-F1- valid till 2017

-Currently working on F1-OPT (Valid till Mar 2015)

-Sent H1 application on April 1st. But no updates yet. No updates (not even RFE)

My Question to you:

- Have to travel to India for a few weeks for work.

- Will I face any problems?

- If yes, then what and where? - problem at re-entry to US or problem of H1 not getting filed this year.

No issue as long as your F1 visa and OPT is valid and you have all necessary documents.

If your H1B was picked in lottery and you travel before approval then COS part of H1B gets canceled due to travel. When you want to move to H1B status you need to exit and enter with a valid H1B visa and I797.

Archived