Parents revisitting after 3 months

ss.mmm

Hi,

My parents came here in July 2013 in Visitor visa and stayed here till Jan 2014.  They left within 6 months. Can they come again to US in May 2014?  Can they revisit after 3+ months?

Is there a rule that they can reenter US with a visitor visa after a time frame?  If yes, how long is that?  Please let me know

Thanks

Hi,

My parents came here in July 2013 in Visitor visa and stayed here till Jan 2014.  They left within 6 months. Can they come again to US in May 2014?  Can they revisit after 3+ months?

Is there a rule that they can reenter US with a visitor visa after a time frame?  If yes, how long is that?  Please let me know

Thanks

There is no such rule but there is a possibility of being given less duration (may be a month) of approved stay.

Hi,

Thanks

They can enter anytime. But should have a valid reason for that visit.

Why do they need to come again so soon?  A visitor spends more time at home than visiting.

They can certainly appear for entry. They can be granted an authorized stay from 1 day to 6 months or they can be denied entry and sent home immediately.

They should stay more at home than in the US. After all, they are only visiting the US.

It is recommended that they stay at least twice as long at home than their last visit to the US.

So, if they were in the US for 6 months, they should not visit the US for at least a year.

Otherwise, they risk denial of entry since the officer at the POE could suspect immigration intent.

Archived