H1-H4(reentry)

nk9898

Hi,

I have got my H1-B approved with Comp A on April 2013. Now, I transferred my H1-B to

Comp B on April 2014. Its been a month. I have been facing lot of problems with comp B.

I am trying to go back to my H-4 status now. But I cannot do this while in U.S as I need pay stubs and the employer dint generate my payroll yet. 

I am holding a valid H-4 visa(expires Sep 2014).

I was told that in situation like this, I can go out of the U.S and re-enter on my valid H-4 visa, that way I get a new I-94 and my status changes to H-4 in the records. 

Please advice. 

Thanks much!

Hi,

I have got my H1-B approved with Comp A on April 2013. Now, I transferred my H1-B to

Comp B on April 2014. Its been a month. I have been facing lot of problems with comp B.

I am trying to go back to my H-4 status now. But I cannot do this while in U.S as I need pay stubs and the employer dint generate my payroll yet. 

I am holding a valid H-4 visa(expires Sep 2014).

I was told that in situation like this, I can go out of the U.S and re-enter on my valid H-4 visa, that way I get a new I-94 and my status changes to H-4 in the records. 

Please advice. 

Thanks much!

File a complaint against employer with DOL if you are not paid.

Yes, you just need to cross the border and enter with a valid H4 visa and a copy of your spouse's I797.

Thanks much for the reply.So, my status will be converted to H-4 automatically, just by crossing the border on that valid visa.

Please advice on couple more questions:

1) If I plan to to a re-enter through Mexico, what kind of questions would i expect? I mean they would ask the reason for me visiting mexico? Any tough scenarios I might expect?

2) Reg: DOL, do I need to go through an attorney for this or I can do it on my own? Could you please give a brief on the procedure? 

Thanks much for the reply.So, my status will be converted to H-4 automatically, just by crossing the border on that valid visa.

Please advice on couple more questions:

1) If I plan to to a re-enter through Mexico, what kind of questions would i expect? I mean they would ask the reason for me visiting mexico? Any tough scenarios I might expect?

2) Reg: DOL, do I need to go through an attorney for this or I can do it on my own? Could you please give a brief on the procedure? 

Yes.

1. Give the reason. Should not be a problem.

2. No need for an attorney. You need to fill form WH4 with DOL.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/workers.htm

Archived