Is there any time limit to submit new I-797 to consulate?

infomemo

Hi All,

Would appreciate if I can get answer to my question:

I gave my visa interview in Mumbai consulate in August 2013 where VO gave me yellow 221g. It stated me to follow the pdf link and if my case number appears in that list I need to submit my I-797 (H1-B) along with passport for possible visa stamping. 

However by the time my case number appeared in the list my I797 expired (was valid only for one year).  I emailed consulate about my case and they replied stating I need to apply new petition and submit it in consulate once approved and I dont have to appear for interview again. So my employer (Big MNC) applied H1-B pettion again and which is now got approved.

My question is  there any time limit by which I have  to submit my new approved I-797 to consulate? Due to some official paperwork I dont have my passport with me which is delaying me to submit my new I-797. (new I-797 has validity of 2.5 years)

PLease help me out on this. Thanks  in advance.

Hi All,

Would appreciate if I can get answer to my question:

I gave my visa interview in Mumbai consulate in August 2013 where VO gave me yellow 221g. It stated me to follow the pdf link and if my case number appears in that list I need to submit my I-797 (H1-B) along with passport for possible visa stamping. 

However by the time my case number appeared in the list my I797 expired (was valid only for one year).  I emailed consulate about my case and they replied stating I need to apply new petition and submit it in consulate once approved and I dont have to appear for interview again. So my employer (Big MNC) applied H1-B pettion again and which is now got approved.

My question is  there any time limit by which I have  to submit my new approved I-797 to consulate? Due to some official paperwork I dont have my passport with me which is delaying me to submit my new I-797. (new I-797 has validity of 2.5 years)

PLease help me out on this. Thanks  in advance.

Submit new I797 to consulate and when requested submit your passport.

Submit new I797 to consulate and when requested submit your passport.

Thanks jairichi for replying me. In the mail from conslate they mentioned already that I have to submit my new I-797 along with my passport. My concern is how late I can submit the new I-797 ? DO we have any time limit?

Thanks jairichi for replying me. In the mail from conslate they mentioned already that I have to submit my new I-797 along with my passport. My concern is how late I can submit the new I-797 ? DO we have any time limit?

I do not know specific time limit. Better to submit within a week or 10 days.

Archived