Is I-140 Receipt Number enough to change employer?

Thank you. That is encouraging.  I asked my attorney to ahead with above.   Just to be safe in case of any queries

a) I just filed another FOIA with a specific request for I-797 as I have the receipt # & A#. Hope it works.

b) USCIS InfoPass suggested filing I-824 to get a duplicate of the I-797 for case type: I-140. Is that something I can file instead of my employer?

Thank you. That is encouraging.  I asked my attorney to ahead with above.   Just to be safe in case of any queries

a) I just filed another FOIA with a specific request for I-797 as I have the receipt # & A#. Hope it works.

b) USCIS InfoPass suggested filing I-824 to get a duplicate of the I-797 for case type: I-140. Is that something I can file instead of my employer?

You can file for your documents. Check with an attorney too.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to fill G-639 form and  email it to - uscis.foia@dhs.gov. You should ask for copy of I-797 Approval Notice for Case Type: I-140 along with Receipt # & A#. I found my A# in Form 9089. You may ask your employer to send H1B packet for your visa stamping and you may find your A# in the docs.

Archived