H1B stamping before expiry existing valid visa

abhi5

All,

I have a Valid H1B visa stamping (done in Canada) until 10/30/2014.

Also i got H1B-extension  until 08/2016 (received approved I-797).

I am a Full time employee, 2.5 years with the same employer.

My question is:

1. How soon i can go for Stamping in Canada before expiry of my existing visa (current visa expires on 10/30/2014)
  2. If rejected (Visa not approved), can i come back to USA on existing visa.(assuming, going Canada prior to expiry of existing valid visa)
  3. During Visa Interview, would they cancel existing visa, before they make a decision on new visa ?
  4. Any other challenges will i face.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

All,

I have a Valid H1B visa stamping (done in Canada) until 10/30/2014.

Also i got H1B-extension  until 08/2016 (received approved I-797).

I am a Full time employee, 2.5 years with the same employer.

My question is:

1. How soon i can go for Stamping in Canada before expiry of my existing visa (current visa expires on 10/30/2014)
  2. If rejected (Visa not approved), can i come back to USA on existing visa.(assuming, going Canada prior to expiry of existing valid visa)
  3. During Visa Interview, would they cancel existing visa, before they make a decision on new visa ?
  4. Any other challenges will i face.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

1. I believe not more than 90 days before H1B visa expiry.

2. As long as it is not canceled by consulate.

3. Possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much.

https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/us_tcn_present_united_states

Renewing a Visa in the U.S.

A U.S. Visa holder cannot renew or apply for a new visa in the United States. Individuals who are already in the United States and remain in legal status are encouraged to apply at the United States Embassies and Consulates in their home countries in conjunction with foreign travel for business or pleasure. Those who plan to visit Canada, Mexico, or in the cases of students and exchange visitors, adjacent islands, may re-enter the United States within thirty days on expired visas as long as they possess a valid I-94 form

Does that mean we can re-enter the United States (in 30 days) even if we didn't get VISA ( from approved I-797 having I-94 validity)

Please advise.

Archived