H1B - H4B Visa Stamping after H1 - Transfer

iracks

Dear Sir/ Madam:

Request you to help me with information on following questions.

a) My H1 - Visa on Passport is valid till NOV 30 2014 filed by Employer A. My Passport is valid till June 12 2015. I recently changed my job (started working for Employer B - it is been two weeks after my petition is transferred and renewed. Earlier petition was valid only till NOV 30 2014. ) and now my Petition I797 is valid till APRIL 1ST 2017. 

Am going to India in 3rd week of May. Can i get my visa stamped at USA consulate immediately in 3rd week of May if i can find a slot now?

b) My wife has got H4 Visa stamped with Employer A details (in March 2014). Her Visa is valid till NOV 30 2014 and passport is valid till Jan 1 2025. She has never been to USA yet. She will be in USA for the first time in June 2014. Can i get her passport also stamped with new VISA [along with me] at the same time or do you suggest her to come over here to USA with old visa stamp and get it stamped later some time before NOV 30 2014? If so, please suggest.

c) Please note that we both have visa validity for less than 6 months [<30 NOV 2014] only and my wife has never been to USA yet.

Greatly appreciate your help

Raghu

Dear Sir/ Madam:

Request you to help me with information on following questions.

a) My H1 - Visa on Passport is valid till NOV 30 2014 filed by Employer A. My Passport is valid till June 12 2015. I recently changed my job (started working for Employer B - it is been two weeks after my petition is transferred and renewed. Earlier petition was valid only till NOV 30 2014. ) and now my Petition I797 is valid till APRIL 1ST 2017. 

Am going to India in 3rd week of May. Can i get my visa stamped at USA consulate immediately in 3rd week of May if i can find a slot now?

b) My wife has got H4 Visa stamped with Employer A details (in March 2014). Her Visa is valid till NOV 30 2014 and passport is valid till Jan 1 2025. She has never been to USA yet. She will be in USA for the first time in June 2014. Can i get her passport also stamped with new VISA [along with me] at the same time or do you suggest her to come over here to USA with old visa stamp and get it stamped later some time before NOV 30 2014? If so, please suggest.

c) Please note that we both have visa validity for less than 6 months [<30 NOV 2014] only and my wife has never been to USA yet.

Greatly appreciate your help

Raghu

a) Since your current visa is valid I believe you cannot go more than 90 days before its expiry.

b) Same applies to your wife's H4 visa. She can enter US with a valid H4 visa and a copy of your I797. She would get an I94 till your petition validity date.

Thanks alot jairichi.

Greatly appreciate your help.

I guess u can go for visa stamping before 180 days of expiry? Correct?

Thanks you, Raghu

An extension of a petition can be filed not more than 180 days before petition or I94 expiry. I believe it does not apply for a visa.

Archived