H4 stamping after H1b approval-URGENT HELP

queryh4

Hi,

I am currently on H4 visa that is valid till Oct 2014 however my passport is stamped only till October 2013. My H1b (and COS) got approved and it starts from Oct 2014

I need to travel to India in the month of May 2014.  

1. If I travel to India on H4, will there be any issues for H4 stamping because of the approved H1? 

2. If I return in Aug 2014, before COS takes effect in Oct 2014, will my H1b remain valid for working? Do I need to apply for COS again once I am back?

3. What happens to I94 , since I have to return the I 94 that I used while using H1b

Please respond at the earliest since travel is in 1 week.

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently on H4 visa that is valid till Oct 2014 however my passport is stamped only till October 2013. My H1b (and COS) got approved and it starts from Oct 2014

I need to travel to India in the month of May 2014.  

1. If I travel to India on H4, will there be any issues for H4 stamping because of the approved H1? 

2. If I return in Aug 2014, before COS takes effect in Oct 2014, will my H1b remain valid for working? Do I need to apply for COS again once I am back?

3. What happens to I94 , since I have to return the I 94 that I used while using H1b

Please respond at the earliest since travel is in 1 week.

Thanks

1. No.

2. Yes, you can start working from Oct 1st without the need for a H1B stamping.

3. No need to return anything as everything is online now.

1. No.

2. Yes, you can start working from Oct 1st without the need for a H1B stamping.

3. No need to return anything as everything is online now.

Thanks a lot ! Very much appreciated.

One more query,

1. During H4 stamping or immigration, will they ask me about my H1b. Like Will they ask the reason for not getting my H1b stamped. 

2. What is the possible answer at such conditions. 

Thanks a lot ! Very much appreciated.

One more query,

1. During H4 stamping or immigration, will they ask me about my H1b. Like Will they ask the reason for not getting my H1b stamped. 

2. What is the possible answer at such conditions. 

1. Possible.

2. Whatever is the true reason.

Archived