Spousal Sponsorship


Recommended Posts

She cannot enter as a citizen if she is not one already. If you are a USC or LPR, you may sponsor her in the appropriate category. If you are now a USC and are married for at least 3 years on the third anniversary of her GC, she may naturalize after 3 years. Otherwise, the wait is 5 years. In either case, she must meet the interview requirements and pass the various examinations.

There are NO shortcuts. So, if she is not an English speaker, her first step after arriving is enrolling in English classes.


Full instructions and forms are on the USCIS website.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.