Birth certificate of Sponsor for US visitor's visa

Hello,

I would like to invite my mother in law to US on visitor visa for around a month.

I went through the documentation requirement and understand that my birth certificate will also be required while applying for visa. I don't have my birth certificate and getting an alternative is also not possible in 2-3 month's timeframe. However getting my wife's birth certificate is not an issue.

I would like to understand the impact in case I cannot manage to get my birth certificate during specified time frame (we plan to invite my mother in law in US during summer).

Any pointer will be very helpful.

Regards,

Ramakant

Hello,

I would like to invite my mother in law to US on visitor visa for around a month.

I went through the documentation requirement and understand that my birth certificate will also be required while applying for visa. I don't have my birth certificate and getting an alternative is also not possible in 2-3 month's timeframe. However getting my wife's birth certificate is not an issue.

I would like to understand the impact in case I cannot manage to get my birth certificate during specified time frame (we plan to invite my mother in law in US during summer).

Any pointer will be very helpful.

Regards,

Ramakant

First of all there is no sponsor for a visitor visa. Your mother-in-law has to apply with her credentials. She has to demonstrate and convince VO that she has strong ties to home country and intends to come back to home country.

• 4 weeks later...

My MIL does not have enough money to take care of her expenses while coming here and hence I am sending her the invitation to come to USA and also stating the fact that I will take care of all expenses during her stay in US. In this case do I also need to give my birth certificate?

That is fine. No need for your BC.

Archived