L1 Individual petition extension

madhu0987

Hi

My employer filed the L1 Individual extension and I got the RFE. I responded RFE and it's in attorney review. Once RFE is submitted to USCIS, Can I go to India ?

My manager told that petition will be rejected if the individual leaves out of US country while petition is under USCIS review. Is this true? 

Appreciate your help on answering my question.

Thanks,

Madhu

Hi

My employer filed the L1 Individual extension and I got the RFE. I responded RFE and it's in attorney review. Once RFE is submitted to USCIS, Can I go to India ?

My manager told that petition will be rejected if the individual leaves out of US country while petition is under USCIS review. Is this true? 

Appreciate your help on answering my question.

Thanks,

Madhu

During extension you are allowed to travel. No worries. Instead of asking your manager you should have asked the attorney.

No that's not true.

Thanks for your reply. I asked my company logistics team and they said if I move out of US during Petition approval then there are more chances of getting rejected as candidate is not willing to work in US though it's get approved as he moved out of US.

my logistics team has showed couple of previous examples where this was happened to other employees recently.

How far is this true?

Thanks for your reply. I asked my company logistics team and they said if I move out of US during Petition approval then there are more chances of getting rejected as candidate is not willing to work in US though it's get approved as he moved out of US.

my logistics team has showed couple of previous examples where this was happened to other employees recently.

How far is this true?

Good joke from your logistics team. As I said talk to an independent attorney.

How far is this true?

Most of the H1 employee's doesn't work for that sponsoring employer before approval. And most of them are not in US physically.

Archived