RFE received for my new H1b

dsomana10

Following is the RFE that I received for new H1b. I have applied in the general quota with premium processing. Can anyone guide me what I have to do to get my H1b approved. 

Specialty Occupation

The RFE requests evidence to confirm that the Beneficiary’s position is a “specialty occupation,” one requiring a Bachelor’s degree or above.  To address this request, we will need the following: 

-          Expanded job description

o   Preferred format attached. Please complete and return to us.

-          Expert Opinion Evaluation

Record of Advertisements for Similar Positions Requiring a Bachelor’s Degree

o   Please provide any examples of advertisements recently placed by (employer's) for “Software Programmer” and similar positions which require a Bachelor’s degree or above.

-          Record of Prior Employees in Similar Positions requiring a Bachelor’s Degree

o   Please provide the name of 3-4 (employer's) employees employed in similar positions with similar requirements.  If our firm did not file the H-1B for these employees, please provide a copy of their H-1B Petitions. 

o   Please provide pay records (W-2s, Pay Stubs, and Quarterly Wage Reports) that indicate the rate of pay for these employees.

Following is the RFE that I received for new H1b. I have applied in the general quota with premium processing. Can anyone guide me what I have to do to get my H1b approved. 

Specialty Occupation

The RFE requests evidence to confirm that the Beneficiary’s position is a “specialty occupation,” one requiring a Bachelor’s degree or above.  To address this request, we will need the following: 

-          Expanded job description

o   Preferred format attached. Please complete and return to us.

-          Expert Opinion Evaluation

Record of Advertisements for Similar Positions Requiring a Bachelor’s Degree

o   Please provide any examples of advertisements recently placed by (employer's) for “Software Programmer” and similar positions which require a Bachelor’s degree or above.

-          Record of Prior Employees in Similar Positions requiring a Bachelor’s Degree

o   Please provide the name of 3-4 (employer's) employees employed in similar positions with similar requirements.  If our firm did not file the H-1B for these employees, please provide a copy of their H-1B Petitions. 

o   Please provide pay records (W-2s, Pay Stubs, and Quarterly Wage Reports) that indicate the rate of pay for these employees.

This is work for your attorney. He/she will do the necessary. Stop worrying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same RFE when I applied for 7 th year extension based on my Perm and my Lawyer submitted an Expert Opinion Evaluation and I recieved my approval yesterday. 

It looks H1 RFEs are getting common but luckily majority of them are getting approved. 

Here is article that Murthy had on this topis last month,

http://www.murthy.com/2014/05/29/ombudsmans-office-works-to-improve-the-uscis-and-assist-the-public/

Good Luck Guys

• 3 weeks later...

Archived