Changing the employer in H1B

anairc

Hi

My current employer is A and I have got an offer from a company B . I have received my WAC receipt as part of visa transfer from company B and I am serving last 2 days of notice period from company A.

When I go to USCIS site for tracking the status, its showing Initial Review. Could you please confirm am I safe at this point to move with my plan  - last date with my current employer in another 2 days and I will be joining the new employer the next day.

Thanks

nair

Hi

My current employer is A and I have got an offer from a company B . I have received my WAC receipt as part of visa transfer from company B and I am serving last 2 days of notice period from company A.

When I go to USCIS site for tracking the status, its showing Initial Review. Could you please confirm am I safe at this point to move with my plan  - last date with my current employer in another 2 days and I will be joining the new employer the next day.

Thanks

nair

You are not at all safe. You did a mistake of planning to move to employer B before H1B petition approval. What would be your situation if employer B's H1B petition is denied and employer A has revoked your H1B petition?

Archived