Can same Stamping used with different employer

ar.dhivya

Friends,

I completed my stamping recently in vancouver with employer 1 , 

after my stamping i got a new job , with different employer (Employer 2 ), does a new stamping required with employer 2 to go to india and get back to united states 

can i use the stamping with employer 1 and travel to india anytime , since my stamping is valid till 2016 ,

Pls help me with this question 

Friends,

I completed my stamping recently in vancouver with employer 1 , 

after my stamping i got a new job , with different employer (Employer 2 ), does a new stamping required with employer 2 to go to india and get back to united states 

can i use the stamping with employer 1 and travel to india anytime , since my stamping is valid till 2016 ,

Pls help me with this question 

Yes, you can use existing valid H1B visa and new employer's I797 for travel.

Hi ar.dhivya,

I am in the same situation as you. I am currently in India

I have a visa stamped based on company A's peition.

Now I have a differnt employer company B's peition approved and want to travel based on that peition.

I checked on various sites and most of the places, I got the same answer that I can travel on exising valid visa and a new petition from a differnt employer. At the POE I should show them valid visa and valid I-797 .. so no need to stamp the visa again..

However, I checked with us consulate(usvisadocs support) and I got different answer from them. I was instructed to get a new visa stamp in my passport so that my new visa stamp contain new employer's name (in annotation) ...

I would appreciate if other members can throw some light on this ...

Archived