Travelling to US on B1 during clock reset

balaji08

Hi,

I was on L1B visa in US from May 2010 till September 2013 for a period of 3 Years and 4 Months. Currently I am in India for period of 7 months. I was asked to travel

on my B1 visa in mid of May for a period of 3 weeks.

1. I am aware that i need to be outside US for a period of 1 year to have my clock reset so that i can stay in US for 5/6 years consecutively on my L1/ H1.

2. Will the B1 travel for 3 weeks will affect my clock reset? The 7 months i spent in India will get reset and start from the day i leave US on my B1 visa in June or will it won't cont?

3. If i travel on my B1, and if i have to travel on my new L1 in October 2014, can i travel or need to wait until July 2015 to travel so that i can stay continuously

for period of 5 years?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I left US on September 13, 2013. So 1 year and 3 weeks count makes it to 1st week of October in 2014. If my understanding is correct, does it mean i can travel/ apply with new Visa/ Petition after October 1st week of 2014 and i can
stay in US for 6 years continuously. Please confirm. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I left US on September 13, 2013. So 1 year and 3 weeks count makes it to 1st week of October in 2014. If my understanding is correct, does it mean i can travel/ apply with new Visa/ Petition after October 1st week of 2014 and i can

stay in US for 6 years continuously. Please confirm. Thanks.

You can apply for a new petition after 1st week of October 2014. And, when you travel on your new visa, it should be a new 6 years stay. However, if you use your existing visa/petition, the 365 days gap may not matter at all.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, 

I am currently in US on L1B. My spouse back in India has a L2B tied to my visa. She will be visiting me for 3 weeks in July. Since her employer's US branch is also located in the same state, she has been advised to visit the US branch for just meeting her team there. She is not getting paid for any sort of per diem. Just that a personal trip to be used for some office meeting. To avoid any visa issues, her company is processing a B1 visa so that it can enable her to visit her office for a week in US. Have two questions:

1. Can the B1 be stamped when she has a valid L2B visa?

2. If the B1 gets stamped, would the consulate cancel the L2B visa? Can B1 and L2B coexist?

Please advise.

Hi, 

I am currently in US on L1B. My spouse back in India has a L2B tied to my visa. She will be visiting me for 3 weeks in July. Since her employer's US branch is also located in the same state, she has been advised to visit the US branch for just meeting her team there. She is not getting paid for any sort of per diem. Just that a personal trip to be used for some office meeting. To avoid any visa issues, her company is processing a B1 visa so that it can enable her to visit her office for a week in US. Have two questions:

1. Can the B1 be stamped when she has a valid L2B visa?

2. If the B1 gets stamped, would the consulate cancel the L2B visa? Can B1 and L2B coexist?

Please advise.

1. Yes.

2. Should not be an issue.

Archived