Confused with arrival F1 ,H4 status

pradeeprajudat

My wife has H4 visa but right now in India, She got admission(I-20) into masters which starts in September. She would like to pursue her studies in F1 as it would give her a opportunity for on campus job or assistance-ships. 

She wants to come to US this June, But one of the college websites say that she cannot enter US before 30 days of college start date. 

The question i have is as she already is on h4 can she get f1 stamped and them enter on H4?

Are there any other options? Please Let me know

Thank you.

My wife has H4 visa but right now in India, She got admission(I-20) into masters which starts in September. She would like to pursue her studies in F1 as it would give her a opportunity for on campus job or assistance-ships. 

She wants to come to US this June, But one of the college websites say that she cannot enter US before 30 days of college start date. 

The question i have is as she already is on h4 can she get f1 stamped and them enter on H4?

Are there any other options? Please Let me know

Thank you.

She can come to US on H4 but at a later date either she applies for a COS to F1 or exit and enter US with a valid F1 visa to be on F1 status.

can we apply for COS as soon as she is in US? 

How long is it taking now for COS?

depends on the university also. if its a shady university, COS will take time . a good reputed university with all paperwork in order, i have seen some friends wives get their COS approval in less than 2 months but again its very subjective.

• 1 month later...

Thank You for the responses. 

My wife is going for F1 Visa interview in india very soon, She already has H4. In Case F1 gets rejected can she come back on H4? Is there any other procedure we need to follow before she comes back,,,

If F1 gets approved,, will h4 be terminated automatically or does it include procedure too?

Archived