PERM - Application process

VS_AAYA

Hi All,

My Lawyer applied the PERM in JAN-2014 electronicaly , and asked me to sign the part of the form and send it to him.

when I asked whether they send the hard copy for the processing , they replied ,they will send the hard copy only when audit is rised otherwise I need to sign the Certificate once its approved. 

How the process works ? can some one clarify me ?

THank you

People can view their certified PERM applications on icert.doleta.gov website.

My attorney which is from a big immigration firm shared(not influenced) & educated me about every step in process sans recruiting.

So don't let people tell you what you can't and what you cannot.

njdude,

They informed you about your specific petition process. That is a sign of a firm giving qualify service but it is not required. All petitions are not the same since the people involved are different. A person basing his case on what was done for someone else will likely get erroneous impression on what is happening in their case. In some cases their case will go better and in others worse. Since it is a long road and needs to be dealt with by the legal experts, one needs to just hang on for the ride and do their job so it will be there later on.

njdude,

They informed you about your specific petition process. That is a sign of a firm giving qualify service but it is not required. All petitions are not the same since the people involved are different. A person basing his case on what was done for someone else will likely get erroneous impression on what is happening in their case. In some cases their case will go better and in others worse. Since it is a long road and needs to be dealt with by the legal experts, one needs to just hang on for the ride and do their job so it will be there later on.

My point was that you can ask, but not demand stuff. It's need to know basis. This is no top secret document or smoking gun here. Everything is out in open. It's just that OP needs to make sure he/she doesn't cross lines of influencing. I believe it could be inclusive process sans recruiting.

Again as you said, depends on lawyer and firm and most important you yourself.

togcforgc,

Yes they ask you to sign the part of application, I think it is page 8, this certifies your experience and education. My attorney informed the same, i.e. they will send the hard copy only if there is an audit. You can request your employer to create a login for you to the icert website to and provide you the details, but if they have multiple applications they may not provide you the details. As far as I know it is not against the law to check your perm status as pointed out by others in this thread.  

Archived