L1B to H1B using COS

kumar_p28n

Hi All,

1. Currently I am working to a Company A in India and they are trying to Process my L1B in the month of May 2014. 

2. And, I filed a H1B from a US Company B for the year 2015 in April 2014 and waiting for my status of the lottery.

3. If I am not selected in H1B Cap 2015 then I am planning to go with L1B from Company A to US.

4. I will travel to US from Company A once my L1B is approved.

Question:

1. Can I apply for L1B to H1B COS after travelling to US via Company B. what is process for this ???

2. If Yes, What is duration it takes to have the Change of Status ?

3. Should I need to come back to India after COS is approved or can I start working to Company B immediately.

4. Is there any criteria for apply L1B to HIB COS Process.

Waiting for your response. 

Thanks everyone in advance.

Hi All,

1. Currently I am working to a Company A in India and they are trying to Process my L1B in the month of May 2014. 
2. And, I filed a H1B from a US Company B for the year 2015 in April 2014 and waiting for my status of the lottery.
3. If I am not selected in H1B Cap 2015 then I am planning to go with L1B from Company A to US.
4. I will travel to US from Company A once my L1B is approved.

Question:

1. Can I apply for L1B to H1B COS after travelling to US via Company B. what is process for this ???
2. If Yes, What is duration it takes to have the Change of Status ?
3. Should I need to come back to India after COS is approved or can I start working to Company B immediately.
4. Is there any criteria for apply L1B to HIB COS Process.

Waiting for your response. 
Thanks everyone in advance.

1. Only if your H1B is approved your new company B can file a cap exempt H1B petition.

2. 3 to 4 months by regular processing and 15 calendar days by premium processing.

3. Once COS is approved you can start working immediately.

4. Refer 1.

Archived