L1-A vs H-1B(EB-1)

fair_n_balance

Hi Experts,

My cousin works for HP.  HP being a multi-national company has office worldwide.  His manager works and lives in the U.S.  His manager would like to sponsor him.  My cousin wants to migrate to the U.S. as well.  What would be best for him (to acquire his green card sooner)  assuming that he qualify for EB-1 category?  L1 or H1?  I recall  my friend who worked for IBM migrated to the U.S. via L1 then they converted him to a H1 under EB3 category. He received his GC in less than 1 year.  That was way back early 1990s.

Hi Experts,

My cousin works for HP.  HP being a multi-national company has office worldwide.  His manager works and lives in the U.S.  His manager would like to sponsor him.  My cousin wants to migrate to the U.S. as well.  What would be best for him (to acquire his green card sooner)  assuming that he qualify for EB-1 category?  L1 or H1?  I recall  my friend who worked for IBM migrated to the U.S. via L1 then they converted him to a H1 under EB3 category. He received his GC in less than 1 year.  That was way back early 1990s.

Your cousin is not a manager and works under a manager and so he is not eligible for L1A and subsequently will not qualify for GC process under EB-1 category.

@jairichi, not to digress from the subject under consideration.  If a US company A has subsidiary in country Z.  What would be the quickest path to GC?  L1 then convert to H1?  or Straight H1?

If you are from India then quick GC is through L1A followed by GC application in EB1 category. As t75 pointed out USCIS has become more strict with EB1 applicants.

Archived