Changing Job role while in between H1B Extension

h16year

I am a Software QA Engineer working in a MNC company . I am currently in the middle of an extension of H1B ( recived 4/8/14) after 6 years for getting an extension of 3 years on the basis of the previously approved I-140 . This extension just got filed and is still in process , I had some queries for certain scenarios regarding the same and would like to understand how will affect my current H1B status and the extension process apart from my GC process –

1. What if I want to move internally to a different group within Company with similar Job Title and description ( Software /QA Engineer) ?
2. What if I want to move internally to a different group within Company with different Job Title and description ( like .. Technical Marketing Engineer , etc.) ?

So will we also have to amend the H1B and will this also affect my current H1B extension and the GC Process( I think for Case 2 GC process needs to restart) ? Please can someone throw some light on this . Really Appreciate your help in this regard.

Archived