Employment authorization for select H-4s

maverick41

Thanks all for the replies. If I understand correctly an agency (in this case DHS/USCIS)  initiated rulemaking process involves a 1) advance notice for proposed rulemaking, 2) a proposed rule, 3) public comment and 4) a final rule.

So from what I have read the first step is complete and now its with OMB. There is a group (at another immigration forum) that met with staff at OIRA/OMB yesterday but I'm not sure about the outcome of that meeting. 

Thanks all for the replies. If I understand correctly an agency (in this case DHS/USCIS)  initiated rulemaking process involves a 1) advance notice for proposed rulemaking, 2) a proposed rule, 3) public comment and 4) a final rule.

So from what I have read the first step is complete and now its with OMB. There is a group (at another immigration forum) that met with staff at OIRA/OMB yesterday but I'm not sure about the outcome of that meeting. 

Things like this have been popping up regularly in the last few years. Nothing concrete has come out. Do not waste your time hoping for a miracle. If indeed it happens then celebrate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived