Travel out of country when H1B transfer is in process?

areddy1234

No. But, you can enter and join company B only after approval.

Thanks for your reply. I do currently have a visa from company A valid till Sep 2015. So if the transfer is approved while I am in India and have company B mail the original I797A mailed to me to India. Can I enter US with the valid visa from company A and valid I797A with company B?

Thanks for your reply. I do currently have a visa from company A valid till Sep 2015. So if the transfer is approved while I am in India and have company B mail the original I797A mailed to me to India. Can I enter US with the valid visa from company A and valid I797A with company B?

Yes, absolutely.

• 3 weeks later...

@areddy1234: / Jairichi

I am in a similar situation, i have an international travel planning during H1 transfer and my new employer tells me "there is a possibility that I would need to travel abroad and re-enter the U.S. to activate New Employer's petition.   " 

Once back from vacation I plan to resign and serve my notice period. Can I start working for new employer after I resign or should I go out of the country with new employer 's petition to get a new I-94.

My current employer visa is valid until 4/2014 and I-94 until 11/2014. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks

@areddy1234: / Jairichi

I am in a similar situation, i have an international travel planning during H1 transfer and my new employer tells me "there is a possibility that I would need to travel abroad and re-enter the U.S. to activate New Employer's petition.   " 

Once back from vacation I plan to resign and serve my notice period. Can I start working for new employer after I resign or should I go out of the country with new employer 's petition to get a new I-94.

My current employer visa is valid until 4/2014 and I-94 until 11/2014. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks

Look at your new employer's I797. If you are currently on H1B and If new employer's I797 has an I94 with an effective start date then there is no need to travel outside to activate new employer's petition.

• 1 year later...

Archived