Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xenos11

Interview

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Recently I got a Interview letter for Employment Based 485. This is my second one.

 

Applied Labor in 2005 EB3.

Applied for 485 in 2007

Got first interview in 2008

and again got one more interview letter now. For next week. 

 

In between 2008 and now, I got married but my wife is not yet added to my GC as dates are not yet current.

 

Any idea why there would be a second interview. I have contacted the attorney but just want to get your views too.

 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Belle. However would USCIS call in for a second interview for the same reason.. does it happen often.

 

During the first interview the interview officer mentioned that I applied for 485 when dates were not current etc.. but again corrected himself (after speaking with someone... the dates were open for all even though the bulletin said something else) and mentioned that in EB3 visa numbers are not currently available for me.

Share this post


Link to post

If there is a confusion about your filing and priority dates, I would think that would be the main reason. But do bring a current job letter, and if you need to - claim AC21 portability at the interview. Sometimes they just want to check whether you have a job offer that complies with AC21.

Share this post


Link to post

My Dutch wife and I are scheduled for an interview on June 20th, but we have decided that we do not want to live in the US after all. We filed an adjustment of status back in December after entering the country in September. My question is how long can we remain in the US if we cancel not only the interview, but the entire application?  We cannot travel to our next destination until mid-September and wonder if we can stay in the US until then? Any insight you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

 

Kind regards

Ken Curtis

Share this post


Link to post

My Dutch wife and I are scheduled for an interview on June 20th, but we have decided that we do not want to live in the US after all. We filed an adjustment of status back in December after entering the country in September. My question is how long can we remain in the US if we cancel not only the interview, but the entire application?  We cannot travel to our next destination until mid-September and wonder if we can stay in the US until then? Any insight you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

 

Kind regards

Ken Curtis

you can stay until the expiry of current status..

 

assuming your AOS is EB based petition, withdrawing 485 will not affect existing status as long as you are NOT in extended status due to pending AOS petition

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×