Having 2 H1B Cap Exempt with Non- Profit and CAP with a Consulting

Rgaja

I am currently on an H1B (Cap -Exempt) and working for a Non Profit Company (Company A) - expires in February 2015.

I also have a approved Cap H1B counted in the quota from a consulting company (Company B) and this H1B expires in October 2014.

I have not joined the consulting company and I am still working with my non profit organization.

Question 1: (Company B) - consulting company is planning to revoke my cap H1B. So if they revoke my H1B, later can I still move/ transfer or join to another for - profit organization. Can I still use my Petition it is still revoked. 

Question 2: Once my cap H1B expires in October 2014 and I am still working in the same non-profit organization, can I still later move/ transfer or join any other for-profit organization. Can I still use my Petition it is expired. 

Thanks 

Rgaja

I am currently on an H1B (Cap -Exempt) and working for a Non Profit Company (Company A) - expires in February 2015.

I also have a approved Cap H1B counted in the quota from a consulting company (Company B) and this H1B expires in October 2014.

I have not joined the consulting company and I am still working with my non profit organization.

Question 1: (Company B) - consulting company is planning to revoke my cap H1B. So if they revoke my H1B, later can I still move/ transfer or join to another for - profit organization. Can I still use my Petition it is still revoked. 

Question 2: Once my cap H1B expires in October 2014 and I am still working in the same non-profit organization, can I still later move/ transfer or join any other for-profit organization. Can I still use my Petition it is expired. 

Thanks 
Rgaja

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

But, you get only a max of 6 years on H1B that includes your cap exempt H1B from non-profit organization.

Archived