Spouse travel to India on L2 during L1B to H1 conversion

Amwer

Hello,

I am currently on L1B (valid until Aug 2015) and my employer has applied for L to H1 conversion this April 2014. I await status of my application to get through the lottery and further approval later this year. In the meantime, my wife (she is currently with me at the US on L2) has to travel to India by June 2014 for 3-4 weeks. Please help with your suggestions for the below questions:

1. Will she be able to return back to the US by end of June on L2 irrespective of my L to H1 conversion application status?

2. Can I wait for her travel and my H1 approval to be received and late apply for her H4 CoS separately by July/August 2014?

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

I am currently on L1B (valid until Aug 2015) and my employer has applied for L to H1 conversion this April 2014. I await status of my application to get through the lottery and further approval later this year. In the meantime, my wife (she is currently with me at the US on L2) has to travel to India by June 2014 for 3-4 weeks. Please help with your suggestions for the below questions:

1. Will she be able to return back to the US by end of June on L2 irrespective of my L to H1 conversion application status?

2. Can I wait for her travel and my H1 approval to be received and late apply for her H4 CoS separately by July/August 2014?

Thank you for your time.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Archived