F1 Renewal ? 30 more days left

mourya1

Hi , I am a masters student from Academy of Arts university . I have been doing my masters since 2011 and as a part of my thesis project I had to work on it from India . My college gave me permission to work abroad as a full time student . I came to India for 5 months from Jan 2013-May 2013 ( doing my full time classes online )  and went back to San francisco for summer classes  . I came back to India to further pursue the project from September 13- Jan 14 . However I was told by my director of program to work another semester as I needed to further focus on the final project and I applied for extension of my stay . So my school under special permission put my SEVIS active and told I would be doing my Spring semester ( Jan-May) as a off semester and I need to take my final semester classes during summer as full semester  in San Francisco if I need to maintain my visa status . 

My enquiry is I have stayed out of United states for more than 5 months , I was told by my international department that the SEVIS is kept active .Would I have issues when I enter USA .  I tried to contact the school , but there are so many queries , I have to wait till they reply back . Does anyone have any suggestions ? 

Archived