DS-160 for In-laws

visa_information

Hi,

I have few question on DS-160 for my in-laws. 

FYI - My wife is on H4

1). Family Information: Relatives section,
for the question " Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?" Should i put only my wife information? I don't see any option of Son-in-law

2. US Contact Information (Point of Contact Information)

Should i put my name or my wife name?  - I put my name -- is that right?

3. Travel Information

for Person/Entity Paying for your Trip : I put "Other Person" and my details

for Relationship Status : I put "Other Relative" -- Or should i need to put as "Relative"?

Thanks

1). Family Information: Relatives section,

for the question " Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?" Should i put only my wife information? I don't see any option of Son-in-law

2. US Contact Information (Point of Contact Information)

Should i put my name or my wife name?  - I put my name -- is that right?

3. Travel Information

for Person/Entity Paying for your Trip : I put "Other Person" and my details

for Relationship Status : I put "Other Relative" -- Or should i need to put as "Relative"?

1. Just your wife's details

2. Doesn't matter.

3. If you pay for their trip that means they doesn't have enough money for their vacation and they are dependent on you. So what's the guarantee that they will leave US after vacation. So let them sponsor their trip with their own money.

Thanks for your response!

On point 3 - They will go back for sure because they have their property back in India and their two sons stay in India and also after go back they plan for their second son marriage!  Will this not enough that they will go back?

I have one more question - Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?

My Father-in-law study upto 10th std   ---- So I put "NO" is this - right?

Thanks for your help!

On point 3 - They will go back for sure because they have their property back in India and their two sons stay in India and also after go back they plan for their second son marriage!  Will this not enough that they will go back?

They should convince vo during the interview. I was just pointing out that vo might raise that question if they can't sponsor the trip by themselves.

I have one more question - Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?

My Father-in-law study upto 10th std   ---- So I put "NO" is this - right?

That's correct.

• 4 weeks later...

My In-laws got the visa approved, but my mom visa got rejected under section 214(b). I'm planning to reply sometime next week!

so can you please clarify my below questions....

1. Can I reply immediately - 214(b) letter state that i can reapply anytime but just want to check with you guys?

2. In DS-160 (Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?) - Yes, Explain? I'm planning to put something like...  "Don't know the exact reason but NAME visa got rejected under section 214(b) stating she may not have tie ups back in India. But actually NAME has 4 kids (3 out 4 our in India with there kids and what they do...) and she also has property on her name with good bank balance. --- Will this help putting in Explain area?

3. Any other thoughts ?

Thank you for your help in advance

• 3 years later...

I have a Question when In-laws Applying for visiting visa. They are going to pay for trip themselves.

What should be  given in DS-160 for following items

1) Family Information  ( Daughter or Son-in-law info here?  Daughter is on H4 visa, Son in law on H1B visa) -

Note: last year i filed H1B amendment(work location change) but my wife H4 was not added in amendment since her previous i-797/I-94 is valid till end of  2018. now i have new i-797/I-94 for H1B amendment also got date extended to November 2019 (previous one was till end of 2018).

2) US Contact Information  ( Daughter or son-in-law?) 

Archived