H4 Visa Question

srini246

Hello 

My H1 is valid till Sep 20, my wife is in india and she got valid H4 visa with stamping till Sep 20. I am in process to apply for H1 extension. my wife is planning to come back in July.

1. Is it required for my wife to go for stamping with the new H1?

2. If she comes back on her existing visa stamping will she get I94 till end of existing visa at POE (Sep 20) ?

3. If she go for stamping and approved, how does this work at POE, they allow her on old visa and new one is valid ? or will they cancel the old one before approving the new one at stamping ? 

may all there are basic or doesn't make sense. but i am really dont have clue. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hello 

My H1 is valid till Sep 20, my wife is in india and she got valid H4 visa with stamping till Sep 20. I am in process to apply for H1 extension. my wife is planning to come back in July.

1. Is it required for my wife to go for stamping with the new H1?

2. If she comes back on her existing visa stamping will she get I94 till end of existing visa at POE (Sep 20) ?

3. If she go for stamping and approved, how does this work at POE, they allow her on old visa and new one is valid ? or will they cancel the old one before approving the new one at stamping ? 

may all there are basic or doesn't make sense. but i am really dont have clue. 

Thank you in advance. 

1. No.

2. If she shows immigration officer at POE a copy of your I797 extension she would get till extension validity.

3. If her H4 visa is approved they would cancel the old one and stamp a new one with extended validity.

Archived