H-1B visa stamp for current petition and an extended petition

guy22g

I'm currently on a 9th year H-1B visa having renewed my H-1B visa multiple times due to a pending GC application. My current H-1B expires on Sep 1, 2014 but I don't have a visa stamp for it. I already have an approved H-1B extension from Sep1, 2014 onward.

I'm planning to go to India in June 2014 for a month and will return to the U.S, in July 2014. Will I be able to get my H-1B visa stamp for only my current petition which expires on Sep 1, 2014 or can I get it my stamp for the new H-1B petition as well.

I know you can get an H-1B visa stamp 60 days in advance of the H-1B start date but don't know if that applies to people who are already in H-1B status.

I'd appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

I'm currently on a 9th year H-1B visa having renewed my H-1B visa multiple times due to a pending GC application. My current H-1B expires on Sep 1, 2014 but I don't have a visa stamp for it. I already have an approved H-1B extension from Sep1, 2014 onward.

I'm planning to go to India in June 2014 for a month and will return to the U.S, in July 2014. Will I be able to get my H-1B visa stamp for only my current petition which expires on Sep 1, 2014 or can I get it my stamp for the new H-1B petition as well.

I know you can get an H-1B visa stamp 60 days in advance of the H-1B start date but don't know if that applies to people who are already in H-1B status.

I'd appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

90 days before expiry. Show both I797s to VO.

Since June 1 , 2014 falls up to 90 days in advance of your extended petition. You will get stamping based on extended petition. See below quote from USCIS website. Don't misunderstand "entry to the US is restricted to 10 days" line , it applies to fresh h1b but since you are already on H1B you will not have problem .

You can apply for an H1B visa up to 90 days in advance beginning of employment status as noted on the form I-797, Notice of Action, however your entry to the US is restricted to 10 days prior to the start date as noted in the Form I-797 unless you are already working on an H1B visa and have applied for a revalidation.

Archived