Changing jobs?

ds160h1b

Hello all,

First of all, thanks to everyone who has made efforts to initiate/run/upkeep this website. It's been really helpful in providing immigration related information. 

I am a full time employee at Company X, working on my H1-B visa. It has been 2 years since my employment, and my employer filed for my Green Card (Labor Cetification Application) recently. The application is currently with DOL for review. 

I am looking to change my job by shifting to a job/team within the same company or find a new job in a company Y. My HR suggested that transfers within the present company X should not affect the process of filing to a large extent. But what if I were to find a job in Company Y, which does sponsor H1B? Can I shift companies and what will the procedure be like? Should the new company Y start the same procedure of filling my green card? What if it agrees only to sponsor my H1b for the moment? Any specifics I need to be aware of, for such situations?

Any help/advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Hello all,

First of all, thanks to everyone who has made efforts to initiate/run/upkeep this website. It's been really helpful in providing immigration related information. 

I am a full time employee at Company X, working on my H1-B visa. It has been 2 years since my employment, and my employer filed for my Green Card (Labor Cetification Application) recently. The application is currently with DOL for review. 

I am looking to change my job by shifting to a job/team within the same company or find a new job in a company Y. My HR suggested that transfers within the present company X should not affect the process of filing to a large extent. But what if I were to find a job in Company Y, which does sponsor H1B? Can I shift companies and what will the procedure be like? Should the new company Y start the same procedure of filling my green card? What if it agrees only to sponsor my H1b for the moment? Any specifics I need to be aware of, for such situations?

Any help/advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

New employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition. They have to start GC from scratch. You can retain priority date. If they do not want to start GC how can you question them?

Archived