DHS proposes employment for H4 dependents

chethanjs

Hi,

Check this out:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/04/07/fact-sheet-strengthening-entrepreneurship-home-and-abroad

Looks like DHS has some proposals for STEM H1/H4 visa holders . What do they mean by "proposed rules"? Will they go in to effect as soon as DHS releases the proposals?

Thanks,

Chethan

It is a proposal. Similar proposals are pending for a long time now. They have to pass through Congress and Senate. I am not that optimistic. Just wait and watch.

I think the text in the White house statement is quite specific and it does state that

"Attracting the World’s Best and Brightest: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will soon publish several proposed rules that will make the United States more attractive to talented foreign entrepreneurs and other high-skill immigrants who will contribute substantially to the U.S. economy, create jobs, and enhance American innovative competitiveness.  These proposed regulations include rules authorizing employment for spouses of certain high-skill workers on H-1B visas, as well as enhancing opportunities for outstanding professors and researchers. "

I am fairly optimistic on this. I guess only time with tell.

I think the text in the White house statement is quite specific and it does state that

"Attracting the World’s Best and Brightest: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will soon publish several proposed rules that will make the United States more attractive to talented foreign entrepreneurs and other high-skill immigrants who will contribute substantially to the U.S. economy, create jobs, and enhance American innovative competitiveness.  These proposed regulations include rules authorizing employment for spouses of certain high-skill workers on H-1B visas, as well as enhancing opportunities for outstanding professors and researchers. "

I am fairly optimistic on this. I guess only time with tell.

Look at word "proposed" in highlighted part.

Archived