H4 approved but status showing Admin Process

srinivaskalagara

I did attend for H4 interview on Apr 3 2014 and visa officer told your visa gotapproved. In CEAC portal I have checked on apr 8th my visa status and it showing ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING, but i was not issued any 221(G) slip or anything. 

Is Admin Process Status is common after visa approval before dispatching the passport with stamped visa? or do i need to contact US consulate? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

I did attend for H4 interview on Apr 3 2014 and visa officer told your visa gotapproved. In CEAC portal I have checked on apr 8th my visa status and it showing ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING, but i was not issued any 221(G) slip or anything. 

Is Admin Process Status is common after visa approval before dispatching the passport with stamped visa? or do i need to contact US consulate? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Yes, this is how it is updated before issuance of visa.

Today, i did sent email to Hyd visa consulate about my case and this is what i got in reply.

"With regards to your query, please note that the status of your passport is "Created”, which means that "the passport is with the Embassy/Consulate and is under processing.".

Is Processing means are they printing visa for sending out?

Hi Camp hill,

My wife have the same issue. she attended visa interview on 7th april and VO has informed her of approval. we waited for a week now and we havent received any issuance notification or any further document request from embassy. Please keep us informed of your status so that we can estimate the response time from Embassy. Thanks in advance

Archived