H1B extension before PERM approval

wson098

Hi,

I was working for Company "A", they filed my perm (in 2009 in EB3) & got I-140 approved also completed 5.5 years on H1B.

Than I moved to company "B" in 2012, with H1 transfer, of another 3 year based on previous I-140 approval. Company B filed my PERM in EB3 category but got query (last month which they replied ). I am not sure when it will be approved.

My 3 years on this H1 will be completed in 10 months, and company needs to file the Extension.

So the question is will I be able to get my extension, because by that time I am not sure my PERM and I-140 will be approved.Lets say PERM is still pending, will I be able to get extension?

Another question is can I transfer my H1B to company "C", when I have PERM in audit from present company??

Also I have 10 Year experience, Can the company "C" file my GC in EB1 category?

Hi,

I was working for Company "A", they filed my perm (in 2009 in EB3) & got I-140 approved also completed 5.5 years on H1B.

Than I moved to company "B" in 2012, with H1 transfer, of another 3 year based on previous I-140 approval. Company B filed my PERM in EB3 category but got query (last month which they replied ). I am not sure when it will be approved.

My 3 years on this H1 will be completed in 10 months, and company needs to file the Extension.

So the question is will I be able to get my extension, because by that time I am not sure my PERM and I-140 will be approved.Lets say PERM is still pending, will I be able to get extension?

Another question is can I transfer my H1B to company "C", when I have PERM in audit from present company??

Also I have 10 Year experience, Can the company "C" file my GC in EB1 category?

Based on approved I-140 from ex-employer (as long as it is not revoked) your employer can request for 3 year extension. If PERM is pending for more than a year then you can get 1 year extension.

Archived